Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In a Moonlit Field

Today was one of those days where I was consumed with fretting about if it was better to wear plain skin colored stockings to a big job interview I had this morning or sheer winter black.

Later, when trying to decide what to read when I had a few spare moments the choice was between the gossipy but delightful The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt or Are Men Necessary? by Maureen Dowd.

I am never in any doubt, however, when I want to look at some poems that I know will inspire me, because I pick up Opened Ground Selected Poems 1966 -1996 by Seamus Heaney. This is a favorite of his.

An August Night

His hands were warm and small and knowledgeable,
When I saw them again last night, they were two ferrets,
Playing all by themselves in a moonlit field.


Audrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home