Sunday, August 26, 2007

You Sad, Pale Man

The Rockrose Moon (A Serial Fiction) Part 37

Have I said lately how much I enjoy listening to Performance Today? This last week I listened to a show with the Schumann song #12 "A Shining Summer Morning" from a cycle of his with poems by Heinrich Heine as inspiration and text.

“On a shining summer morning
I wander around my garden.
The flowers are whispering and speaking;
I, however, wander silently.

The flowers are whispering and speaking
And look at me sympathetically.
"Do not be angry with our sister,
You sad, pale man."

I should use this poem when one of the guys is getting all weirded out and talking about living together or something.

I think that is one of my not so secret ambitions. To have a poem of mine set to music. Not to write a song, god if I were in a girl band I’d have all the recognition I crave and then some, like Angie at the store. She always whines about the arrogant dweebs when she does a gig. No I mean to have a composer fall in love with one of my poems long enough to spend time with it and then set it to music.

Even if it is just inspiration, not a literal use of the poem.

I am all excited though because one of my guys bought me a bright red nano iPod last weekend! I’ll need to get some ruby earrings to match. I love having all my music so close though and so lightweight.

That’s all I wanted to say today. I am glad summer is almost over which means the end of grilling. Everybody always wants to grill me some meat.

Veggies are fine, seriously. Truly they are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Beautiful words (i can only imagine the music.) A red nano ipod sounds gorgeous. Ruby earrings to go with it, definitely

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home