Saturday, December 02, 2006

Luminous, the Two of Us

The Rockrose Moon (A Serial Fiction) Part 22

The sun is out. This is highly unusual.

I am having to wander around the ballroom to get the perfect angle so I can get my bare feet in a beam and my screen in shadow so I can see what I am doing.

Of course I am also wrapped in a blanket because it is freezing in here. I can almost see my breath. One of the guys that lives downstairs has hung his soggy doormat over the porch railing and it is steaming like pumpkin leaves on a frosty fall morning.

I saw these totally cool birds this morning. I am a city girl so I don’t know the names of birds but I would swear they were finches. They were small and fluffed up in the cold, had light green heads and these glorious black and white wings on a beige body. There were about 8 of them together at a birdfeeder and they had the sweetest little song.

From the library this week I picked up a CD by Leonard Cohen’s much younger girlfriend Anjani called “Blue Alert”. The words are fragments from his notebooks put together to make songs.

It is strange collaboration as it is hard to tell where Cohen ends and Anjani begins. Not really but sort of, as there is confusion about the gender of the voice speaking and the title song is about schoolgirls and their powerful siren song to older men.

I think maybe at some point Christian thought that I might be his Anjani but then he found out how high strung and weird about food I am and that I wasn’t going to be good at taking care of him.

He needs a combination fashion model, social worker whore maid with excellent even temperament, organizational ability, good taste and driving skills who loves to cook with lots of spices and fill out forms and has the patience of Job.

It ain’t me, babe.

I can barely pick up after myself.

It is weird because we really don’t go to that many movies together, two hours plus is a really long time for Christian to go without a cigarette when he is awake. But two we saw were “Road to Perdition” and of course we made a special pilgrimage downtown to see “Sylvia” on the day it was released.

The thing these movies have in common is Daniel Craig . And he is our new James Bond.

When we were walking home from seeing “Sylvia” Christian and I were horsing around acting out the “kissing” scene at the party where Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath met. Because of course in the back of both of our minds is the secret desire to have someone beautiful fall madly insanely in love with us upon encountering our work.

Someone willing to take care of us, all those nasty little details of everyday living like calling the insurance company and paying the bills.

So we saw the Bond movie yesterday. During the scene at the spectacular hospital/sanitarium on the coast in Montenegro where are hero and heroine are recovering from their evil night of torture and having lots of sex, Christian whispered to me, “You should go there!”

Indeed I should. Think of the poems I could bring home.
.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I loved the bit about what Rose thinks Christian wants in a woman ... I think that would be what a lot of males would like - Dream on, I say!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home