Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Learning Latin, One Work of Art at a Time

The Rockrose Moon (A Serial Fiction) Part 28

I am always happy when my favorite team wins, in this case a Grammy for best Choral Work of the year, it is “my” Arvo Pärt’s Da Pacem.

If you are, perhaps, asking yourself what can I get Rose for Valentine’s Day that is a little less spendy than that drop necklace of semi-precious stones she has her eye on? This CD is a steal.

I think this world can use every type and form of prayer for peace it can muster.

On Friday or Saturday I am going to steal some time away and go hide out at the library and look at De Arte Venandi Cum Avibus. I didn’t even know this extraordinary illuminated manuscript existed until about two weeks ago. Now I feel like I can’t breathe until I see it.

All of a sudden there is this immersion into the world of falconry going on.

I love this stuff,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Some unique, rare and unusual stuff here for Rose to explore and savour.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home