Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Lupine Lapin

I used to live with a most remarkable cat. Some of you who know me know all about her because for eight years we were inseparable. Her name was Noko, she was a Norwegian Forrest Cat and she looked very much like the white cat in the upper left hand corner here on what is my primary residence on the web, my diary.

We first saw her way up in a tree in our backyard in Noe Valley in San Francisco. For me it was love at first sight. A few days later she ventured into our place, stepped into my lap, I was on the floor sorting recyclables, and I was a goner.

She was a tiny little thing, a stray that had been found hungry in Nevada City by the sister of our upstairs neighbor. She came complete with her name and for years I wondered about it, thinking it was some sort of Japanese something or other or a contraction of her Norwegianess or something.

Today I found out through an exceedingly circuitous and delightful route that the Playboy cartoonist Kliban lived with a cat, which he drew often, named Noko Marie! Twenty-five years ago!

This must be where she got her sense of humor from. Wow.

There are no rabbits in this post. I just liked the alliteration.
Marketing will have to wait until another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home