Friday, January 27, 2006

The Sakyong

Boy, today was a difficult one in which to keep my equanimity.

I didn’t get the job I was excited about earlier in the week after an intense second interview with nine members of the firm. It was between me and one other person so I was close enough to taste it.

Pesky attachment to outcomes! The root of so much suffering.

Tonight the Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche the head of the Shambhala movement is here in Portland giving a talk from his new book. I saw him a few years ago. He’s funny. I like him. Oh well.

The Sakyong is big on the idea of windhorses and when I think of him I think of them.

I start a temp job on Monday that pays enough to get by on and not much else. It will do for now and right now is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home